The Goulburn Station Upgrade forms part of the Transport Access Program (TAP), a NSW Government initiative to provide a better experience for public transport customers by delivering accessible, modern, secure and integrated transport infrastructure.
The project will provide a station precinct that is accessible to people with a disability, limited mobility, parents/carers with prams and customers with luggage.
Key features of the upgrade:
- accessibility upgrades to the paths at the station entrance
- a new accessible kiss and ride bay
- new kerb ramps to the existing bus and taxi zone
- relocated accessible parking spaces to connect to the upgraded pathway to the station entrance
- upgrades to the waiting room and ticket counter on Platform 1
- new Boarding Assistance Zone and accessible help points on Platform 1
- two new ambulant toilets
- improved lighting and wayfinding