The Fairy Meadow Station Upgrade project is registered under the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) IS Rating Scheme to drive sustainability outcomes for the station by optimising governance, economic, environmental and social performance for the whole of life of the asset.
The project application for a Design Rating will be submitted to ISCA for verification and we will be working towards achieving the final As-Built rating after project completion.
For more information on Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) IS Rating Scheme please visit www.isca.org.au
Degnan has completed this project to improve accessibility at Fairy Meadow Station Upgrade as part of the Transport Access Program (TAP).
This is one of many TAP station upgrades Degnan is involved in and we look forward to delivering a safer, more usable and aesthetically pleasing station for the needs of the growing local community.
Innovation, design and exceptional planning enabled us to place pre-fabricated lift shafts using 130 tonne cranes under live running conditions on track (TfNSW 0268 Approval for working in and around live power. A first in any station construction works in NSW.
The whole project was delivered in a live rail environment in accordance with all safety and environmental policies.
Click here to read more about other current TAP projects we are involved in.
- installation of two lifts to allow pedestrian and accessible traffic access to both platforms and the carpark
- a new ramp and stairs to access Platform 2
- boarding assistance zones with weather protection
- decommissioning of the existing level crossing
- compliant accessible car spaces and a kiss and ride space
- improved amenities including two unisex ambulant and two family accessible toilets
- upgraded CCTV and lighting and wayfinding signage to increase safety and security
Fairy Meadow Railway station was opened in 1887, but was originally named Cramsville
It was actually renamed three times, finally being named Fairy Meadow on 22 January 1956
The last upgrades before these current ones were made in 2011 and 2013