Degnan was engaged to undertake a complete renewal of Circular Quay Station, in one of Sydney’s most prominent foreshore locations.
Given the sheer volume of commuter traffic and significantly restricted vehicular access, the keys to the success of this project were resource planning, communication and collaboration with our client, station personnel and Harbour Foreshore Authorities.
The main elements of this project included:
- Removal and subsequent installation of new ticket gates
- The Installation of four custom stainless steel GAC Pods for Sydney Trains staff and operational equipment
- Tile replacement to the paid concourse floor, access stairs and landing areas
- Bluestone paving to the unpaid concourse area
- Deep clean and installation of bird proofing throughout paid and unpaid concourse areas
- Deep clean and renewal of heritage wall tiles, involving the custom build and restoration of damaged heritage tiles where needed
- Construction of two new lift shafts including all electrical and communications work, new concrete lift pits, new granite lined core filled block walls to the lift shafts, installation of new lifts, all mechanical and ventilation works, new stainless steel door thresholds, modification to platform floors and walls
- A complete LED lighting upgrade to the platforms, paid concourse, unpaid concourse and all back of house areas