Over the next 10 years the More Trains, More Services program will transform Sydney’s busiest train lines with more services through digital systems, infrastructure upgrades, and more new trains.
As part of the MTMS works, to accommodate changes to operations of the T4 line, station upgrades are required to ensure customers receive an increased level of safety and comfort, one of the major features of the upgrades included extending the platform canopy to enable better passenger spread along the platform, to reduce dwell times and improve timetable reliability.
Degnan are delivering works under the More Trains More Services (MTMS) program including the design and construction of canopy upgrades to Arncliffe and Wolli Creek Stations.
• New structural steel canopies with associated foundations and roofing
• Connection and upgrade to existing stormwater systems
• Provision of new electrical boards for lighting
• Expansion of the Public Announcement Systems and hearing loops
• Upgraded CCTV coverage
• Staging of works to maintain station operations with use of available track possessions
• Providing sustainable design and construction outcomes
• Consider whole of life costs and maintainability
• Incorporating and managing heritage requirements for Arncliffe Station