Degnan are delivering works under the More Trains More Services (MTMS) program including the design and construction of canopy upgrades to Arncliffe and Wolli Creek Stations.
Over the next 10 years the MTMS program will transform Sydney’s busiest train lines with more services through digital systems, infrastructure upgrades, and more new trains.
As part of the MTMS works, to accommodate changes to operations of the T4 line, upgrades are required to certain stations to ensure that customers receive a continuing level of amenity, safety and comfort. Currently, platforms connected to the Illawarra Locals are provided with larger canopies than those platforms serviced by the Illawarra Mains. Increased canopy to the mains lines will enable better passenger spread along the platform, thus reducing dwell times and improving timetable reliability.
Current scope includes:
- New Structural Steel Canopies with associated foundations and roofing
- Connection and upgrade to existing stormwater systems
- Provision of new electrical boards for Lighting
- Expansion of the Public Announcement Systems and hearing loops
- Upgraded CCTV coverage
- Staging of works to maintain station operations with use of available track possessions
- Providing sustainable design and construction outcomes
- Consider whole of life costs and maintainability
- Incorporating and managing heritage approval requirements for Arncliffe Station