This role is to ensure the effective coordination and control of Engineering Works for a designated project through activities of technical, engineering, management, inspection, scheduling, planning, survey, procurement, and quality control based on Degnan standards.
- Provide support and advice on planning and design suitability and options, the use of materials, resources, components or systems within the project, and construction practices and problems to ensure project success, value for money and best practice are achieved
- Review designs for Construct-ability and proactively identify opportunities for improvements to assist in construction efficiency, construction safety and potential project cost savings
- Manage the operational aspects of project delivery to ensure the effective and efficient use of systems and processes involved with all phases of the project management model
- Ensures the construction related aspects of the project meet or exceed the required performance targets in relation to time, cost and quality
- Maintain 3 week look ahead of program
- Manages cost control for certain aspects of the project in order to ensure the project meets its performance targets in relation to budget/forecast
- Ensures that all head contract obligations and entitlements are handled efficiently.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Degree in construction management, engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction/engineering environment
- Rail experience is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of HSEQ requirements and implementation of same
- Competent in planning and organising work schedules
- Principles and practices of contract and construction management, risk management, project scheduling and management
- Good communication skills and willing to work in a team environment
- Able to work and collaborate with clients, consultants, Degnan staff and subcontractors
What you will get in return
variety of work | fantastic team environment
If you enjoy the challenge of complex projects, take pride in your work and, want to work in a fast-paced environment, we would like to hear from you.
No agency submissions will be accepted
Degnan is an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity; we encourage Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all backgrounds to apply.