The Site Engineer is responsible in assisting the Project Manager to ensure the safe and successful completion of the project on schedule, within budget and to the specified quality.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop construction engineering activities to achieve delivery in accordance with time, design and budget requirements for assigned projects.
- Monitors and controls subcontractor performance and ensures the quality and standard of workmanship is performed in accordance with the specifications
- Maintain and apply all relevant standards, policies, guidelines and legislative requirements necessary to support responsible decisions and courses of action
- Ensures compliance with all relevant Rail Safety legislation and completes a relevant Rail Safety Induction (where required and applicable)
- Ensure Site Manager is briefed and is aware of all activities and risks
- Provide support and advice on planning and design suitability and options, the use of materials, resources, components or systems within the project, and construction practices and problems to ensure project success, value for money and best practice are achieved
- Interpret designs for implementation in assigned construction packages
- Monitor site progress of assigned works packages to ensure adherence with the scope of work and report to Project Engineer
- Manage and maintain effective liaison and communication with all levels of internal and external shareholders on all matters relating to the construction activities
- Check on a daily basis with the Site Manager on site conditions
What you’ll need to succeed
- Degree in construction management, engineering or similar
- NSW Construction Industry Induction Card
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in construction/engineering environment
- Working knowledge of HSEQ requirements and implementation of same
- Ensuring all relevant regulatory requirements are satisfied
- Competent in planning and organising work schedules
- Principles and practices of contract and construction management, risk management, project scheduling and management
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation
- Understanding of sustainability principles in procurement and construction is desirable
- Understanding of System and Safety Assurance processes is desirable
What you will get in return
Variety of work | Fantastic team environment | Competitive salary package
If you enjoy the challenge of complex projects, take pride in your work and, want to work in a fast-paced environment, we would like to hear from you.
No agency submissions will be accepted
Degnan is an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity; we encourage Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all backgrounds to apply.