Degnan has been commissioned by Sydney Trains to implement and project manage the delivery of Lawson Subway Renewal.
The Scope of Works include the following:
- Construction of a new reinforced concrete track slab with deflection kerb, to span over the existing subway.
- Crack monitoring and stabilisation of the masonry wingwalls to the access ramp leading to the commuter carpark and Loftus Street.
- Reconditioning of the Up and Down Main 60m either end of the new subway; and
- Grade Out Reconstruction on Up Refuge Road from 95.977 to 96.037 and 96.041 to 96.101Km (60m either side of pedestrian Subway timber bearers), install new 60kg rail to replace existing 53kg rail and install medium duty concrete sleepers to replace existing timber.
- To make room for the 500t crane, the high voltage aerial feeder cables will need to be temporarily removed and reinstated. In addition the high voltage OHW need to be temporarily repositioned to allow for the 25-tonne precast concrete slab to be craned in from above.